Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bloggography Week 2: ISO

I have SO much to learn about cameras, taking pictures, camera/photography "lingo"--the whole ball park! This is a goal of mine for 2010, and so I was excited to find through my friend Jenny a site featuring a weekly challenge and tutorial on cameras/photography. I do not have a dslr, but a very good point and shoot--Canon Powershot SX10 IS.


This week's challenge is ISO. You are to take a picture of a child's toy, or a child playing with toys while adjusting the ISO speed in P mode on your camera. I did no editing on these pictures except to resize them for this post.


ISO 80



ISO 200



ISO 400



ISO 800



I like the one taken at an ISO of 80 the best.



To see what others have captured while exploring their ISO settings this week, visit Beth or Lolli for their weekly Bloggography challenge.

4 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

that is really great your getting so good at all the tech stuff with photography :)

Unknown said...

Great job! Your examples really show the differences in ISO!

Katie said...

nice job! I think it really helps to see the actual difference something so "small" can make!

Unknown said...

I totally agree--the difference is subtle, but seeing them side by side, you can really tell a difference.