Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Biltmore View

I took lots of pictures at Biltmore House when we were there a couple weeks ago.  You could spend days taking pictures at Biltmore and still not be done.  It’s so beautiful.  I took this picture from one of the balconies on the side of the house.  This is the original.

IMG_8382 

I wanted to see what I could do to brighten the sky a little and make the colors pop more—make it look more like it did to the eye that day.  Here’s what I came up with.  I edited all pics in Lightroom.  On this one I used Sky Effects Deep Blue Something, followed with Modern Dsat + Reds and topped it off with Modern HDR Enhance.

firstversion (1 of 1)

I played around with this picture a little too much.  Here are several more edits.  I used all of the above and added NYSM-NYKF Subdued to this one.  The trees and ground have a little more detail than the first edit.  I like the sky better above, but landscape better below.

secondversion (1 of 1)

On this one I used all that I did in my very first edit and added Abby Hikey LoSat.  I adjusted the exposure a bit too.  I love the greens in this picture.  You don’t even notice the greens in any of the pics above. 

thirdversion (1 of 1)

Finally, on this last one I used all of the edits from my first and finished it off with Abby Gritty Exposure.   It looks like there’s a thunderstorm rolling in to me.

fifthversion (1 of 1)

Can you tell I’m having way to much fun with Lightroom?!

And, here they all are for side by side comparison.

biltmorecollageforpost

**All of the presets I used were downloaded *here* at Presetting Lightroom's 180+ Free Presets Collection from flickr.com.**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - the edits really change the picture, don't they. I'm not sure which I like best!

Anonymous said...

great pictures! what a pretty place!

Jamie said...

See! You are doing a great job! They look uh-mazing! I knew you would LOVE LR!!!! :)

Jenny said...

Um, hello! I need Lightroom!!