Monday, April 5, 2010

Exploring Lightroom

I’ve been playing around in PSE the last few days and decided to give LR a try too.  I love both of these programs!  They each have different capabilities and both give pictures their own unique looks through presets and actions. 

I experimented with some presets I found at *this* awesome link today that is full of LOTS of free LR presets for download!  I used a couple of the pictures I got of Hanna and Joe outside last Friday, and one of Jack from yesterday.

Original:

IMG_8541 

After Wonderland Catalyst 48 Preset:

IMG_8541

Here is what I did with Joe’s—original:

IMG_8549

After Wonderland Preset Alice’s Not So Bright Day:

IMG_8549

After Wonderland Preset Catalyst 19:

joelr2 (1 of 1) 

Here is Jack’s original:

IMG_8606

Here it is after Wonderland Preset Dark Horse:

IMG_8606 

After I added the preset to these pictures I played with various levels and the exposure until the picture suited me. 

I am LOVING these two new programs, and having so much fun learning them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to check out Lightroom!

those are great pictures!!!

Jenny said...

That last one of Jack is awesome!!